08:00 Coffee and Registration
08:50 Chair's Opening Remarks
How To Comply With The Hazardous Liquid Rule
Senior industry figures and leading regulatory experts address what the new Hazardous Liquids Rule will mean in practice and how pipeline operators can best operate and invest in their assets to stay compliant.
COMPLIANCE PANEL: BREAKING DOWN THE HAZARDOUS LIQUIDS RULE
09:00 Gaining Clarity On Every Aspect Of The Hazardous Liquids Rule To Comprehend The Cost
This opening keynote features three ten-minute presentations from regulatory experts and risk management professionals on:
1. Data Integrity / GiS: Understand what the encouragement to make better use of all available data will mean in practice - especially for mitigating Geohazards
2. Extended Leak Detection: Understand the impact of the additional leak requirements to all non-gathering hazardous liquid pipelines
3. Inspection: Understand what increased inspection requirements means for the resourcing of inspection operations
David Murk, Pipeline Manager , API
09:30 Extended Question and Answer Session
SENIOR OPERATOR PANEL: HOW TO PREPARE
09:45 Discover The Cost-Effective Strategies for Complying With The Hazardous Liquids Rule
This panel features three ten-minute presentations from senior industry figures on:
1. Leak Detection: What are new approaches being taken to mitigate leaks?
2. Data Acquisition: What are the strategies being implemented to ensure quality data?
3. GiS Systems: How are industry leaders maximising the value of the geographic data they receive?
Rogier Pouwer, Director of Automation & Operations Technology, Western Midstream Partners
10:15 Extended Question and Answer Session
10:30 Morning Refreshments
Strategies For Data Analysis: Data Integration And Information Analysis For The Hazardous Liquid Rule
The Hazardous Liquids Rule encourages pipeline operators to make better use of all available data. But what does that mean in practice? What are the strategies and the technologies that will keep operators compliant for the long-term?
MAKE BETTER USE OF ALL AVAILABLE DATA
11:00 Practical Strategies For Interpreting The Hazardous Liquids Rule's Encouragement To 'Make Better Use Of All Available Data'
- Proven strategies for improving data analysis
- Organize your data so that it is both quick and available when you need to carry out risk assessments
- Better integrate your data so to produce risk models that allow for better predictive maintenance solutions
- Protect the integrity of your database and ensure that you are not wasting time and money
11:25 Question and Answer Session
11:35 Evaluate Different Technologies & Cloud Based Systems For Managing & Integrating Data To Meet The Hazardous Liquids Rule
- Build systems that allow you to integrate and analyze large amounts of data
- Understand the requirements for managing all the information and handling it effectively
- Learn about the computational methods that will allow for true understanding of data
- Investigate the features and benefits of cloud based systems
12:00 Question and Answer Session
IMPROVING FIELD COLLECTION
12:10 Tools And Approaches For Improving Field Collection & Data Analysis To Stay Compliant: A Focus On The Auditing, Historical & Analysis Perspectives
- Develop greater data consistency and awareness for how the strength and accuracy of your data can help you navigate data audits
- Be more alert to on the pipeline and take care of issues early so to prevent serious damage and potential accidents
- Spot trends in your data and utilise these trends to recognise and deal with developing issues along the length of the pipeline
- Compress your data so it becomes a manageable source of valuable data
John Tisdale, Lead Database Analyst, Enterprise Products
12:35 Question and Answer Session
Harness The Power Of Geographic Imaging Systems: How To Identify And Mitigate Geohazards
The Hazardous Liquids Rules requires operators to inspect affected pipeline following an extreme weather event or natural disaster. But how can Geographic Imaging Systems help operators to know their pipeline all year round?
GIS DATA OPTIMIZATION: DEVELOP A COMPREHENSIVE RISK PROGRAMME
13:45 Utilize Your Data To Create Risk Models for Moderate And High Consequence Areas
- Collect data from a variety of sources and feed it into systems which calculate risk?
- Discover the capabilities of different systems and get an expert analysis on what works
- Integrate and synchronize data between different risk programs
Frank Yeboah, GiS & Data Integration Specialist, Williams
14:10 Question and Answer Session
GIS SPATIAL ANALYSIS: VISUALIZE RISK MITIGATION SOLUTIONS
14:20 Strategies For Integrating Your Data With Your Geographic Imaging System To Help You Comply With The Hazardous Liquids Rule
- How can a visual representation of your data tied to a specific location assist in developing effective risk models?
- Investigate the database driven software that allows you to spatially display different types of data on top of your pipeline
- Visualize and analyze through buffers and through relationships between data sources
- Pinpoint trends and risks and tie them to a specific geographic point
14:45 Question and Answer Session
GIS AND THE HAZARDOUS LIQUID RULE
14:55 How To Implement The Hazardous Liquids Rule Through Software Integration And A Deeper Understanding Of Regulatory Obligations
- Examine the implications of the Hazardous Liquids Rule for current integrity programs and investigate the various ways of meeting them
- How can the synchronization between various risk programs work in practice?
- What are the opportunities of data synchronization and integration for predictive maintenance in Moderate and High Consequence Areas?
- How is the industry responding to more stringent data requirements?
15:20 Question and Answer Session
Advanced Leak Detection Technologies: Innovation In New And Existing Technologies
Leak Detection continues to be a priority for pipeline operators, but is the current technology keeping up with the increased demands placed on it? What are the new technologies to help operators meet this demand?
16:00 Cost-Effective Approaches And The Latest Proven Technologies To Mitigate Against Leaks And Proactively Maintain Your Pipelines
* Learn about industry leading methodologies for evaluating leak detection systems and passing government audits
* How to make crucial cost-effective modifications to control and leak detection systems
* Utilize every available data set to get an achieve accurate leak detection risk modelling
16:25 Question and Answer Session
COMPUTERIZED LEAK DETECTION
16:35 What Are The Benefits Of Computerized Leak Detection And How Can They Optimize Your Information Analysis
- Investigate how computerized leak detection systems can better analyze and communicate your data
- How does a computerized approach differ from a standard approach on what are the benefits of this?
- How to collate more accurate data so to improve safety and maximize efficiency?
- How are these approaches breaking new ground in leak mitigation?
17:00 Question and Answer Session
DRONES FOR LEAK DETECTION
17:10 What Can The Latest Drone Technologies Add To Your Leak Detection Capabilities?
- Fly lines and accurately pinpoint trouble spots so to mitigate against leaks
- Detect leaks faster and identify the source so to be able to carry out prompt repairs
- Inspect long sections of pipelines and pipelines in hard to reach areas
- Investigate both the costs and the capabilities of drone technology
17:35 Question and Answer Session
17:45 Chair's Closing Remarks & End of Conference